D-Link DI-624 Periodically Reboots?

ThatDood

Limp Gawd
For some reason our DI-624 router reboots itself. We will be playing online with xbox live and then the game freezes and we look down and all the lights are lit up on the router. I look at my laptop and it lost connection and can't find the SSID. Then the router comes back on and everything is fine, except we get a loss for the game. Anyone heard of this or might know what is going on?

because it sucks. Mine did that constantly, it worked fine for a few months then it started to do that and it just got worse and worse. I finally tried to mod it and put a fan on it (some say it was overheating) but I apparently put too much voltage to it and it crapped out the antenna. Still makes for a fine router though.

I, myself, am still searching for that perfect wifi router, one that doesn't reboot when downloading/playing games.

Good luck :)

Have you tried giving it a hard reset to defaults? And making sure the latest firmware version is on it?

Is it behind another router? (meaning..what you "think" is just a modem from your ISP may also happen to be a router...running as gateway..NAT)

Have you tried giving it a hard reset to defaults? And making sure the latest firmware version is on it?

Is it behind another router? (meaning..what you "think" is just a modem from your ISP may also happen to be a router...running as gateway..NAT)

I guess I could give that a shot. As far as the modem goes, it is from Cox cable internet and I'm not positive but I don't think it is an actual router but I could be wrong. I'll try the firmware thing and see if that works.... Thanks!

Back