D-Link DGL 4300 Gaming Router

[BB] Rick James

[H]ard Dawg
Is there anyway to set up this wireless router as an access point? it would be connecting to another Dlink router.

[BB] Rick James said:
Is there anyway to set up this wireless router as an access point? it would be connecting to another Dlink router.

hmm from my understanding what you do is turn off dhcp, then just connect one of the switch ports to one of the switch ports on the other router and it will work,

i think thats how its done

AMD_Gamer said:
hmm from my understanding what you do is turn off dhcp, then just connect one of the switch ports to one of the switch ports on the other router and it will work,

i think thats how its done

Yes, but what if I want it done wireless to wireless? I guess I should have been more specific.

I want the main router that runs my wireless internet off of in the living room, then I'd like a wireless access point in my bedroom.... is this possible?

you need a wireless bridge, 2 access points can not do this.

I'm not familiar with the DLink firmware.. but does it support WDS? Most new wireless routers do these days.

[BB] Rick James said:
Yes, but what if I want it done wireless to wireless? I guess I should have been more specific.

I want the main router that runs my wireless internet off of in the living room, then I'd like a wireless access point in my bedroom.... is this possible?

No, the 4300 cannot function as a wireless bridge, its strictly an access point.

Back