Custom case: title pending

Soarin

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 23, 2010
Messages
2,489
First off i tried to rename the original thread but i cant so the title may be misleading, because it does not have anything to do about my case details

I am building a custom case and was wondering what i could do about the hdd's and optical drive cages? The rest of my build follows:
My case will have a side window with 4 120mm fans on the windows, 1 per corner.
All fans in case will be UV reactive paint.

The top cover will have 2 140mm/120mm fans for exhaust one at each end and a optical drive facing up. The optical drive will not be used for dvd playback. A 6"x4" abouts, Plexiglas screen will rise from the top with a UV reactive logo on it. In between the fans there will be "trident carhood" style slits and 2 angled out led ports, with uv leds facing the screen to light the logo.

The back of the case will have a standard I/O shield with a top mount psu, and 1 120mm fan.

The front will need to be at least 6 drive bays. i will have under them 2 possible fighter style toggle switch, not sure of fight style. Along with 3 80mm fans for a front intake. Mesh over the fans.

I am not sure about color yet, i was thinking of black to green fade. Will post a link to pictures for plans soon. Wrote the plans up in Qcad.
http://a.imageshack.us/img814/1687/customcase.jpg
 
Last edited:
New picture link for updated plans. The I in the corner shows the frame number. There ais a cd bay cage and hdd cage plus optical drive for upwards facing plexi sign all shown now. Side window has fan grills and the other side has V slits now that will have mesh screening.
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5848/bigdavebergcase.jpg
 
Last edited:
Okay, were could i find a good diagram on neutral pressure/ or positive pressure for computer cases?
 
Ok i searched around for pressure guides and found a good one. I now have a 4 bay 5.25" and a 6 bay 3.5". I just drilled the rivets out of a existing computer case and pulled the bays and motherboard tray out. Got free standoffs.:D So i am thinking a normal mid tower case is 42cm by 41.5cm by 17cm i am thinking 25"x25"10". Gives me good room for my design and good area for cable management and airflow. I may go longer for my vertical facing optical drive.
 
Hey does anyone know were i can get about 90"x24" piece of sheet metal, or aluminum? I have searched local stores and they said no. Any online store? I looked around but no luck.:(
 
Okay i am going to start a new thread later after i finish the designing proccess of my case. using sketchup for it.
 
Back
Top