CS sheild glitch (back with a vengance)

Overblast

n00b
Well, apprently everytime valve fixes something in steam, another thing goes wrong. The newest problem to arise is the new sheild glitch, where you can have any primary gun and your secondary is the sheild / pistol. HLGUARD can't seem to get rid of it since you dont use a script to do it and its a problem on Steams side. Hopefully this gets fixed soon, cause not many people know how to do it yet.

lol, theres been so many shield glitches... first it was shitty and never protected you, then it was basicy invincible and you could shoot while having it defend you, then they said they fixed it but didnt, then they sorta fixed it but you could crash the game by throwing a nade while switching to the shileld and using the previous weapon command or somthing... And even after they got it working decent the hit boxes still arent exactly on the sheild / player, if you aim just off the edge of the shild you still hit the shild etc.... And now this glitch lol, they should just get rid of it. League will never legalize it, many servers restrict it anyway...

Originally posted by KoDt
League will never legalize it, many servers restrict it anyway...

Thats not true. Cal will legalize it once its bug free.

Originally posted by Baker
Thats not true. Cal will legalize it once its bug free.

think that all you want, but as long as teams with big sponsers dont want it, CAL won't integrate it.

Originally posted by Jäger
think that all you want, but as long as teams with big sponsers dont want it, CAL won't integrate it.

I dont think thats true. Sponsers come and go, depending on the skill of the clan. If a Cal-I clan sucks because they can't hang with the shield, then another clan will replace them, and the sponser will shift. CAL has already stated they will integrate it as soon as its bug free, not because 3D or any other Cal-I clan crys. :rolleyes:

i loved the sheild. I could care less if I got any kills while using it, that wasnt hte point anyways. The point was to incorperate more team play while using it. To draw fire to yourself being the first target in sights, and as you are taking the blunt of the attack, your teammates would then go for the kill

And thats where the problem comes in. Too many whiney players who cant deal with the fact that the opposite team was working together to use it effectively. And instead of figuring out HOW to combat the sheild (nades mostly and flanking) they bitch and moan about it

Originally posted by Absolut Talent
i loved the sheild. I could care less if I got any kills while using it, that wasnt hte point anyways. The point was to incorperate more team play while using it. To draw fire to yourself being the first target in sights, and as you are taking the blunt of the attack, your teammates would then go for the kill

And thats where the problem comes in. Too many whiney players who cant deal with the fact that the opposite team was working together to use it effectively. And instead of figuring out HOW to combat the sheild (nades mostly and flanking) they bitch and moan about it

Amen.

Too many "single players" in online team games now-a-days. I like aspects of a game that make everyone work as a team or fail.

Probably why I'm really enjoying FFXI (high lvl specialized parties = FUN FUN FUN when everyone is on the ball and doing their job)

/offtopic :p

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

I dont think thats true. Sponsers come and go, depending on the skill of the clan. If a Cal-I clan sucks because they can't hang with the shield, then another clan will replace them, and the sponser will shift. CAL has already stated they will integrate it as soon as its bug free, not because 3D or any other Cal-I clan crys. :rolleyes:

cal this cal that, fuck cal/cpl in their stupid asses.

Originally posted by Devnull
cal this cal that, fuck cal/cpl in their stupid asses.

Theres where you'll find the best players.... CAL/CPL has the ability to match up top players in the world. Don't be mad that you cant take part in that :p

The best gamers in the world are still playing Counter-Strike?

Originally posted by aldamon
The best gamers in the world are still playing Counter-Strike?

This topic has to do with CS... so I was refering to the best players in the world that are playing CS. People that say "who cares about leagues/cal", if you ever go up against a Cal-I player, I'm sure they will make you wish you never turned on your computer. ;)

This topic has to do with CS... so I was refering to the best players in the world that are playing CS. People that say "who cares about leagues/cal", if you ever go up against a Cal-I player, I'm sure they will make you wish you never turned on your computer. ;)

Thats not always true. i played for years, 8 -12 hours a day (yeah i didnt have much a life :) ) and i was never in a league, yet was better then alot of pplk in leagues, im sure theres alot of good ppl out there not in laegues.

I think the superhero mod might run off that glitch also, on account people can have multiple primary weapons, which i found out today you can do.

uA is trying to work on it after i emaileed them about it and showed them how to do it, but like i said, its not a script you use, its you just pulling back a nade.

Originally posted by rAAb
Thats not always true. i played for years, 8 -12 hours a day (yeah i didnt have much a life :) ) and i was never in a league, yet was better then alot of pplk in leagues, im sure theres alot of good ppl out there not in laegues.

Cal is a joke, anyone and their mother can be CAL

3D gets a monthly salary from nvidia and compusa who just happen to also have a big part in the CPL. SK gets salary from nvidia as well. if you don't think they are listening to the top clans you are sadly mistaken.

why do you think the money system changed? because a CAL-i player wrote an article on how it needed to change. they DO listen to the good players.

i played for years, 8 -12 hours a day (yeah i didnt have much a life )

...and the UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR AWARD GOES TO.... (the envelope please)....

i mean, 8-12 hours a day for "years"????

Its quite obvious that me and Jager are the only ones who actually play CAL competively and seriously, or actually know anything about it.

Pubbing and match play are differnt, u may be good in a 10 v 10 pub server, but get in a scrim and youll get owned left and right.

Just because everyone can getinto cal-o doesnt meant theyll make it to cal-im or actulaly win any matches, and if they miss games they get kicked out of the league...

If they do fix the shild bugs and hit boxes (THIS IS THE BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH SHIELD HIT BOXES ARE NOT ACCURATE!!!) then they may add it to leagues but as of now i dont see it being added soon.

If you dont like leagues or match play and just like pubbing thats fine, and the shild is ok in pubbing (mostly just for humor) but dont try to act like CAL is unimportant.. if e-sports ever become big in the US it will be thanks to counter-strike and the cal/cpl im sorry thats how it is.

Originally posted by rAAb

The best players are in legues (not cal-o obviously) because of the competitive factor. If you play ut2k3 against bots you can get good enough to beat the game on godlike easily mabye, and youll think your pretty good, but after that you wont get any better b/c theres no competition, so you go online and get abetter by playing on good servers, then you could improve for a year, play fatality and get owend.... oh no wtf? i thought i was good?!!? well you havent played at his level yet so you never got better, but now if you play in a 1v1 league or ladder for ut2k3 now youll get even better... you see competition drives you to get better,.. you can only get so good online.. So the best players will always be where the greatest copmetition is and right now thats cal/cpl

if i could actually get in on a server with steam ...then I would gripe or not gripe about the shield ..until then ...I will just gripe about not being able to get in on the action to begin with

I'm the type of player that spends most of his time watching everybody else waiting for the next match due to being shot in the head ...again

3D gets a monthly salary from nvidia and compusa who just happen to also have a big part in the CPL. SK gets salary from nvidia as well. if you don't think they are listening to the top clans you are sadly mistaken.

why do you think the money system changed? because a CAL-i player wrote an article on how it needed to change. they DO listen to the good players.

Yes, but 3D may one day break up or get whooped over and over, where their sponsers will leave them and sponser some other team thats better.

All I'm saying is that CAL is not going to not include a weapon because 1 team in CAL-I doens't want it. If alllll the teams in CAL-I don't want it, then I can see how they would ban it, otherwise, the CAL-I teams that like the weapon are getting screwed, and which CAL-I teams should they listen to?

I used to be in a Cal-IM team, and we were about to go to Cal-M, my comp broke, by time I got it fixed our team broke apart.. oh well shit happens. After that I haven't had the time to join up another team.

For all the people out there that think leagues are retarded, good for you, what ever. But if you think your better than anyone in a league, start a team and go beat them, because hearing someone say they've never been in a league before, but they think their good, I can only laugh. :rolleyes:

3D is one of many times that never liked or wanted the shield. i just use them as an example because they are probably the most popular team in the US.

[q]All I'm saying is that CAL is not going to not include a weapon because 1 team in CAL-I doens't want it.[/q]

they completely changed the money system because 1 person in CAL-I wrote an article on it. never say never.

Originally posted by Fat Drew
Welcome to 2004 everyone time to find something new.

So what should we tell all these people who play chess, or card games, or sports , or anything that is "old"?

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

3D is one of many times that never liked or wanted the shield. i just use them as an example because they are probably the most popular team in the US.

[q]All I'm saying is that CAL is not going to not include a weapon because 1 team in CAL-I doens't want it.[/q]

they completely changed the money system because 1 person in CAL-I wrote an article on it. never say never.

You don't know that for a fact they changed the money system because that one player told them so.... maybe that one player help influenced them, and they thought it was a good idea. Since that one person has a little "fame" he brought to the attention of a balance, and buy system. They probably didn't change it because the player told them to, but because what he was saying was a good idea..... thats what I think.

Yes, but 3D may one day break up or get whooped over and over, where their sponsers will leave them and sponser some other team thats better.

All I'm saying is that CAL is not going to not include a weapon because 1 team in CAL-I doens't want it. If alllll the teams in CAL-I don't want it, then I can see how they would ban it, otherwise, the CAL-I teams that like the weapon are getting screwed, and which CAL-I teams should they listen to?

I used to be in a Cal-IM team, and we were about to go to Cal-M, my comp broke, by time I got it fixed our team broke apart.. oh well shit happens. After that I haven't had the time to join up another team.

For all the people out there that think leagues are retarded, good for you, what ever. But if you think your better than anyone in a league, start a team and go beat them, because hearing someone say they've never been in a league before, but they think their good, I can only laugh. :rolleyes:

They're only 24 teams in CAL-invite. I'm willing to bet money that none of those 24 teams actually give a shit about the shield and nor do any of them want it in CAL.

There was an extensive interview done on GotFrag of one player from each CAL-invite team, and those people were asked their toughts on Steam, 1.6, and the shield. I believe all of them dislike the shield.

some people have a problem with the shield (myself included) but at a lan once, I was playing two on one awp map, and my friends just could not seem to beat me, when one of them got the smart idea to bust out a shilld, and walk straight at me all the way accross awp map, it was on of the funniest moments in cs history (imho) eventially every round they were doing that,, you kinda had to be ther, but it was the best shit ever.

Back