Crysis vs Real-life Comparison plus more...

Sloth_Boy

Limp Gawd
Some of you have probably seen the crysis vs real-life comparison on digg. Well, I discovered the image originated from this site www.crysis-online.com (check the image gallery down the bottom). Poor guy missed out on all those precious diggs and visits. The news section also mentions how other sites are ripping off his videos and stuff aswell so he's going to be watermarking now.

Also, the news section mentions that there will be some more comparisons soon which should be interesting. The news section also says there will be even more videos coming soon.

This site has always got shit flooding in, its sweet. Also check out the information section, the system requirements seem pretty accurate. There's a pretty suit intro aswell. I just love crysis it looks so good and seems to play so well at e3 judging by the videos.

What do use think?

I think that if everyone keeps expecting the actual gameplay to look like this, there's going to be a lot of disappointed gamers around.

I see this cycle of hype and anticipation with every major title that comes out. And they never once live up to their E3 videos.

I personally think crysis will be better than what we've seen at E3 in terms of fun. Crytek are just ultimate.

Sloth_Boy said:
Also check out the information section, the system requirements seem pretty accurate.

those cpu requirements really have me worried.are the physics in crysis really that demanding on the cpu :confused: .

Looks like they have a long way to go on grass, but everything else looks damn near perfect. I'm impressed.

RAMMAN said:
those cpu requirements really have me worried.are the physics in crysis really that demanding on the cpu :confused: .

I am sure i saw a video where there were shots being fired through foliage...each leaf was reacting to the bullet hitting it and subsequently passing through it...

Looked pretty damn impressive to me...This game looks like it will bring a lot of technological innovation to the table (not the same as gameplay innovation mind you).

That being said, yes I think it is going to be a very taxing title to say the least...I remember when the original Far Cry came out, it brought my 9800XT system to its knees pretty much.

I am going to be building a fresh machine for when Vista is out, but I will certainly hold off until Crysis is out and some benches have been done too. Then I will go ahead and build me an Octuple SLI Quad Core OMFGTEHUBERROXORS!!!111oneONE gaming rig...

Syphon Filter said:
That being said, yes I think it is going to be a very taxing title to say the least...I remember when the original Far Cry came out, it brought my 9800XT system to its knees pretty much.

methinks the x1950xtx when it gets released will be to crysis what the 9800XT is to farcry.
if thats the case than im using an fx5800 and the best card out now is the 9800pro :eek: .

Syphon Filter said:
I am sure i saw a video where there were shots being fired through foliage...each leaf was reacting to the bullet hitting it and subsequently passing through it...

Looked pretty damn impressive to me...This game looks like it will bring a lot of technological innovation to the table (not the same as gameplay innovation mind you).

I am going to be building a fresh machine for when Vista is out, but I will certainly hold off until Crysis is out and some benches have been done too. Then I will go ahead and build me an Octuple SLI Quad Core OMFGTEHUBERROXORS!!!111oneONE gaming rig...

If you watch the videos on http://www.crysis-online.com you'll see heaps of them contain all types of phyics and interactive. In some you see shacks blow up and in other the grass and shurbs get shreded thanks to the particle system. You'll also see the leaves get kicked back if they're shot.

I cant wait for this game/tech either. I'm REALLY hoping that Vista isnt too much....

Though we can never tell with Microsoft's monopoly-esq way of business.

I was pretty impressed with those videos. :eek:

But you guys are forgetting people have seen Crysis in action in E3 and myself seeing some videos they look pretty damn spectacular... And that was the DX 9 version!!!

There is a time to be sceptic but I think that is past us :). Crysis I am sure will set a new benchmark for graphics in games :).

PoweredBySoy said:
I think that if everyone keeps expecting the actual gameplay to look like this, there's going to be a lot of disappointed gamers around.

We're talking about Crytek, not Sony.

PoweredBySoy said:
I see this cycle of hype and anticipation with every major title that comes out. And they never once live up to their E3 videos.

Again, we're talking about Crytek, not Sony. You might be used to that sort of thing happening in the cosole world, but small companies in the PC market have nothing to gain by misleading their consumers. The PC market is such a small niche of players that you can't put them off by showing something that can't happen. I can't think off the top of my head a instance (not invloving EA) where a company showed a product they couldn't produce in the end.

pistola said:
I can't think off the top of my head a instance (not invloving EA) where a company showed a product they couldn't produce in the end.

Well since EA is the publisher for Crysis that may not be saying much. I hope the game is as good as it looks to be but I just don't like EA.

For most people, the game won't look that good right off the bat. Gonna need some heavy duty hardware to ramp those settings up (i'm assuming.)

Syphon Filter said:

It's not _that_ bad, I can sort of play Farcry on a 9500pro (as long as I run 800x600 no AA or anything), and a 9800xt is a much faster card.

bandwidth limit exceeded,

so just wait about 9 hours. If you;re in america visit the site a bit later at night as thats when the bandwidth limit resets (9am australian eastern standard time).

pigpen said:
For most people, the game won't look that good right off the bat. Gonna need some heavy duty hardware to ramp those settings up (i'm assuming.)

Pretty good assumption :D

Stinn said:
Well since EA is the publisher for Crysis that may not be saying much. I hope the game is as good as it looks to be but I just don't like EA.

EA is the publisher for crytek, and owns the rights to farcry and whatnot.
Im pretty sure thats why crysis was brought along, so the developers could do what they want without the constraints of EA.

Sloth_Boy said:
bandwidth limit exceeded,

so just wait about 9 hours. If you;re in america visit the site a bit later at night as thats when the bandwidth limit resets (9am australian eastern standard time).

Probably a good thing he didn't get all those people from digg hammering his site :p

bealzz said:
EA is the publisher for crytek, and owns the rights to farcry and whatnot.
Im pretty sure thats why crysis was brought along, so the developers could do what they want without the constraints of EA.

EA was not the publisher for FarCry, Ubisoft was. This is the reason why Crysis is not named "FarCry 2" or something like that.

NulloModo said:
It's not _that_ bad, I can sort of play Farcry on a 9500pro (as long as I run 800x600 no AA or anything), and a 9800xt is a much faster card.

At those setting no, its not. But as you as you start turning the res up, lets say 1280x768 (widescreen) and start slapping the extras on such as AA, AF and turn all the effects up it does hurt older cards and machines. Thats just the way it goes when new taxing PC games come out...

EA is only the publisher, they're not touching the game, that's all for crytek.

However, EA is known to be pushy with release dates so lets just hope crysis is finished when it's due (unlike bf2 which was like in alpha :) ) BF2 is probably still in beta, that game was a total wreck when it came out. It took about 4 months for BF2 and ATI to fix the graphics problem I was having.

Back