• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CRT is REALLY Bright.

JadedMaple

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 4, 2005
Messages
204
Hey, I figured I would plug in my old Dell p992 CRT because I feel as if I play Counter-Strike better on it rather than my 20inch Widescreen LCD..

I have a 6600GT with dual DVI outputs, I have an adapter from VGA -> DVI on the end of my CRT.. The LCD I have no problems with and everything is set to default.

Does this have to do anything to do with the adapter or the monitor being passed its prime.. Or how about I am just used to the LCD? Cause I don't remember it being this bright when when I got my LCD.. I still had a 6600GT, and it seemed the same.

Maybe I am just going nuts.
 
Well, there is some resistor mod for when one comes loose and causes this on trinitrons. CRTs are a bit washed out for the first half hour or so though. This could make you go nuts" as you've grown accustomed to your new gear.
 
Sure you don't have the brightness/contrast jacked up in the Nvidia control panel? It *might* be that vga adapter, which is not exactly the greatest product to use, but i sorta doubt it. Do you have another graphics card with a VGA port to test it out with? If none of this works then we can move on to more potent medicine...

A certain number of trinitrons develop whats known as the "brightness issue", where blacks appear a shade of gray, and the monitor is obviously too bright. It's a defect with the electronics inside your monitor, and tinkering with drivers and graphic cards won't help. There are ways of fixing it, but it usually requires opening your monitor: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=993650
 
Back
Top