CrossFire Bridge Question

KeymaN

Gawd
Joined
Jul 9, 2008
Messages
672
Hey guys

Just a quick question about the CrossFire Bridge.
Do I have to use two CrossFire Bridge if I am CrossFire-ing a 4850 and a 4830?
And yes i know the 4850 will clock itself down to a 4830... but going to clock both of them to 4850 clock.

Thanks

KeymaN
 
Yes it is possible to CrossFire those two cards
But just needed to know if I need 2 CrossFire Bridge
Because my 4830 didnt came with one =(
 
I do believe you just need one bridge... i dunno, run some tests and see. When I had 2x 4830's, I used 2 bridges.
 
My understanding is that you only need 1 bridge if it's just 2 cards but that there have been cases where having 2 bridges hooked up improved stability in 2 card setups.
 
You only need one bridge, any other rumor is horsepoo. People want to believe more is better so you get the occasional comment, "I got 10% more performance with two bridges!" It simply doesn't work that way nor was it ever designed to work that way.
 
Back
Top