Creative X-Fi PCI-Express

like a sound card will use the bandwidth, but is a good step in getting more thing onto the PCIe bus, i cant see it having any advantage over a PCI audio card.
 
Jason on 7/31/2007 said:
Other Thoughts: Kung Fu is definitely the best thing ever.

Gotta love newegg customer reviews. That board looks pretty cheap, and I am sure the components are very low quality. The only advantage I see is freeing up an extra PCI slot, but I have plenty anyway, so...

Edit: I did notice it has digital out, so if you were going to an external DAC, and wanted PCI-E I imagine this could be useful, as it is pretty cheap.
 
WARNING: THAT ISN'T ACTUALLY AN X-FI!!

The "X-Fi XtremeAudio" is just a re-branded Live! 24-bit chip, same as the Audigy SE. Drivers are updated with the new X-Fi 'skin', but it's the same old part that has been around for years, now. No EAX 4 or EAX 5, no 'hardware accelerated' audio (the EAX1-3 it does 'support' are all handled entirely by your CPU), etc.
 
Tak heed of dderidex's warning.

The only thing this card has going for it is it is for a pci express slot only.

Some other bloke here had a situation where he only had a slot for that, so in that instance there is no choice.

I would recommend everybody else who has a pci slot to stick to Creative XFI music/gamer, Auzentech XFI Prelude or better ;)
 
Back
Top