• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Creative X-FI Card Question

AY786

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 8, 2006
Messages
324
Hey all, ive got this card and i just wondered, do you have to play songs with the creative media source player to experience the x-fi card at its best as i am always use to using window media player (11 version beta) but i feel that i might not be getting the best out of my sound card. Or is it that i can use windows media as the card is designed to work with any music player program? Please help as im not sure what to use.

If other people have this card, what program do you use to listen to your music with?
 
It does not matter which media player you use. I use WMP 11, and love it. Music from Urge sounds great with the crystal synth-- (or whatever it is). The only problem I'm having with my X-Fi Xtreme Music is connecting digital coax to the card. I'm having trouble finding a mini plug to RCA coaxial adaptor that will work. Until then, I'm using the analog 6 CH Direct-- still sounds the best I've ever heard from computer speakers (Z5500).
 
yeh im waiting for my z5500s to arrive as well. I woudnt really use digital for my pc, only for a dvd or game console connection like to a PS2 or xbox 360. Otherwise i woudnt think it would be worth it as i hear games would not play on 5.1 mode as they dont support it or something
 
Back
Top