• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Creative T40 opinions?

FadedSpark

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
7,556
So... I could be getting a set for 50... Can't tell you how or why (One time deal ;) ) but I'm thinking they're probably a pretty good deal at that. I have Logitech x530's right now, and I can't stand the sound quality. Miserable little things. And the creatives were always a favorite of mine. But I'm wondering if you guys, in the know as it were over here in audio, know of any other sweet deals.

OH! Before I forget, has to be available in CANADA.

Thanks :)
 
the T40 series 2 speakers are good for $50

but for any more i would get M-audio 40AV there is a BIG diffrence in sound quality
i just sold my T40's on ebay to get 40AV's
 
Wellll it would probably be a good idea to give more background too.

Primarily, for music. I want clairty in the mids and highs but still a good bass punch (Logitechs are drony, and it sucks.)

I listen to bands like rise against mostly, nine inch nails... Protest the hero, lots of variety actually. trying to find some all-rounders ;)
 
Haven't ever heard the t40s, but I've owned pairs of t20s on two computers for about three years, and they're my all-time favorite 2.0 speaker set. I would guess the t40s would be similar but louder (?) ... anyways, if you can get them for $50, GRAB EM! I can't imagine you'd be unhappy with them.
 
M Audio AV 40's are 120-140 in canada. I paid about 70 for my T40's and love em. At $50, its a steal.
 
i have owned the t40 and the t20's
the t40 are better they have more power and more bass
for $50 they are the best 2.0
they are the best 2.0 speakers i have heard other than the 40av's
 
Listening from my onboard sound, I feel like the high bass (like some notes from bass guitar) seems rather bloated. It makes certain songs I have very unpleasant. The bass knob boosts around that frequency range too. I rather have it boosts around 70 Hz. There's not much boomy bass that gives hip hop music the beat. And I do not consider myself a basshead.
Despite the presentation of mids and highs by the T40, I prefer the lower quality of my old Logitech Z-540 because of its warmer sound signature.

But listening with my Cowon D2 (BBE=1, M3B=6) as source, it sounds a lot better.
 
I have them, and an external sub hooked up, frigging awesome. All the extra bass is picked up by an older creative subwoofer, sounds fantastic.

Best 50 dollar speakers ever ;)
 
Back
Top