• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Creative S700 Problem

mastephens

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 31, 2005
Messages
250
I have a set of Creative S700's 5.1 speaker system. They have worked great for quite a while, almost 2 years, but now I am experiencing quite a few problems out of warrenty. First of all the control module with the headphone output and the input, will only play certain layers within a movie, like I can hear background noises fine, but other sound effects and voices are not there! Secondly, if I have the speakers on everything is fine(I can hear all tracks of a movie), but the sound is almost like a low bitrate song downloaded off of a website. It sounds like a tinny, grainy 64kbps song. I made me think is was my X-Fi Platinum, so I RMA it back and got a new one, same problem. Now I know it is not the sound card because if I plug my headphones or another set of speakers into the X-Fi, everything is perfect. Is there anything that I can do without spending a ton of money?
 
Back
Top