Creative Decoder DDTS-100 alternative

Louisville Slugger

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 25, 2005
Messages
85
I am looking for a similar device to the Creative Decoder DDTS-100. They unfortunately don't sell this device anymore. Anyways, I want to be able to run my HD receiver and future HD-DVD player through some DD/DTS decoder box which will then connect to my sound card incorporating my existing 5.1 speaker setup using a switch box. It sounds sort of confusing at first, but the Creative website does a better job at explaining.

http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=136&product=9468

This is cheaper than buying a receiver or a HTIB.

Any ideas?

I have an Audigy 2 ZS sound card with Klipsch Promedia 5.1's. I really don't want to change my existing speaker setup so you see why an external decoder box would be perfect for my needs.
 
That is exactly what I'm looking for... considering your post is almost a YEAR OLD!

I'm assuming there isn't that huge a market for this device considering I don't see one anywhere... or anything relating to it. Ebay is running these @ $450!!!!!. I had another thread posted here.. where i bought the x2vga2 to have my Wii being played on my nice widescreen samsung. Unfortunately - I would like this sort of device to have my speakers and then be able to hook the Wii up through it.

Does anybody know of any alternatives to this wonderful device?
 
$450? makes me wonder if my technics SH-AC500D DD/DTS decoder is worth any money then :) Its currently gathering dust.


Somebody posted that outlaw audio sells a new decoder, but around $800.
 
Back
Top