Crashes

Drace

n00b
I am having problems with my computer crashing, its fairly infrequent (1-2 times a week). When it does crash, I get a loud, high pitch static sound, and it seems like my computer tries to stay on for a few more seconds and finally just resets. I have a feeling this may be a power issue. I'm using a 450w SmartPower that came with my case (I've heard its not too great, but its lasted me about a year). Specs are in my sig, let me know if you need any more info.

Temps max out under load at about 51c, normally doesn't get higher than 45c. When I get home i'll run memtest/prime95 and see if it's memory I guess.

I've been looking for an excuse to get a Corsair 520/620HX so I hope if anything it's the power supply.

Sounds like your right in assuming it's your psu, that would be my guess as well..... and hey, if your looking for an excuse to upgrade, go for it!

Well, ClubIT has the 620w for 117 AR, so I might bite on that. The 520w is 25ish less, but I figure the 620 will leave me room to expand. I've wanted a modular PSU for awhile :p

edit - wow, went to newegg to see the reviews on the PSU and i'm amazed, it seems like about 80% of them are doing the same thing, I'm just glad I caught mine before it died. Ordering a corsair when I get home!

Back