Crackly audio?

area5x2

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 19, 2007
Messages
122
My audio seems to be very crackly for some reason. As in, the music will be playing and every second there will be half a second of nothing but crackling noises. Any reason as to why?
 
You should probably list your system specs, sound driver version, and your operating system.
 
E6600
8800GTS
2GB RAM
Vista 32

My audio is connected through a Line6 TonePort GX

It just started happening today. I don't think it's a driver issue because if I turn up the Buffer Size, the crackly goes away, so I'm assuming it's a CPU issue. What could be taking up so much of my CPU that I can't even use a VST properly?
 
I fixed it. Apparently it was an issue with my BIOS (don't ask why) because when I reset the BIOS settings to default everything was fine.
 
I fixed it. Apparently it was an issue with my BIOS (don't ask why) because when I reset the BIOS settings to default everything was fine.
Were you overclocking your cpu or memory? That can lead to more problems than actual gain in performance.
 
Back
Top