• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

CPU suggestions for new box

drdeutsch

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
3,775
I've got an extra K8n Neo2 Platinum laying around now that I've upgraded. What would be the best s939 cpu for this for folding? Keep in mind, I can't spend a lot of money, so I'm looking for the most bang for my buck and maybe even a bit energy efficient.

Any suggestions for what I should add to the [H]orde?
Thanks,



EDIT: Just broke into the top 100,000. Woot! #1 here I come! :p
 
drdeutsch said:
I've got an extra K8n Neo2 Platinum laying around now that I've upgraded. What would be the best s939 cpu for this for folding? Keep in mind, I can't spend a lot of money, so I'm looking for the most bang for my buck and maybe even a bit energy efficient.

Any suggestions for what I should add to the [H]orde?
Thanks,



EDIT: Just broke into the top 100,000. Woot! #1 here I come! :p

3200 Venice and OC the heck out of it. With some $80.00 value ram (the 1 gig pack on sale at the egg) from corsair you should be good for 2.5 or 2.6 gigs of fast folding.

Luck

 
Second that on the CPU, although I'd reccomend for RAM going with PDP. Not sure how well it'll do in dual-channel, but the DDR400 they have easily stomps at 2-2-2-5, and I've heard it's up there with G-skill for overclocking, although I haven't tried b/c of room heat and stability issues with my mobo. It's a pretty good price as well, at 86 bucks for the 1 gig dual. Yes, it says cas 3, but it'll do 2-2-2-5 no problem. Not sure why they even market it as cas 3, actually.

Linky.
 
Back
Top