• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

CPU speed not being reduced when idle?

IsaacMM

Gawd
Joined
Jun 9, 2008
Messages
646
I have P8Z68-V Pro and a 2500k @ 4.5GHz. Before the overclock the CPU would down-clock as usual, but after I made it run at 4.5 GHz it will no longer down-clock to lower speed and voltage. I have Speedstep enabled on my motherboard. Does anyone know what I could do to solve this?
 
Go into the bios, and in the CPU features (or similar), change C6 state from auto to enable
 
Also make sure EIST is enabled (that and C1E are the main ones). Some of the BIOS revisions changed Auto to mean Disabled when overclocking (instead of enabled).
 
Back
Top