I built a rig with a celeron G530 sandy bridge dual core 2.4ghz cpu to hold me over until january when I will get a I5 2500 I was wondering how well it will do with gaming but I cannot find any real bench marks for it
I also dont know how creditable passmark scores are with gaming performance but here is a passmark score chart link
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_lookup.php?cpu=Intel+Celeron+G530+@+2.40GHz
The celeron G530 scored 2,374
A intel E8400 scored 2,252
From looking at these numbers can I reliably believe that the celeron G530 will do better gaming then the E8400? I have no clue how well these numbers relate to gaming performance. I am looking to get a video card now and wonder if its going to be a waste of time or not. Video card would only be a 8800gt as I am gaming at 1280x720
I was playing fallout 3 on a pentium d 930 at 3ghz with a 8800gt at 1280x720 and was getting avg 35-40 fps. I couldnt play new vegas at all due to the frame rate being in the teens. I know the E8400 has to be at least twice as fast as the pentium d was so I am confused with the passmark scores on how good the sandy bridge celeron will do. What do you guys think?
The video card is cheap only $30 so it's not like its a lot of money and surely this celeron has to do better then the pentium d I had right
I also dont know how creditable passmark scores are with gaming performance but here is a passmark score chart link
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_lookup.php?cpu=Intel+Celeron+G530+@+2.40GHz
The celeron G530 scored 2,374
A intel E8400 scored 2,252
From looking at these numbers can I reliably believe that the celeron G530 will do better gaming then the E8400? I have no clue how well these numbers relate to gaming performance. I am looking to get a video card now and wonder if its going to be a waste of time or not. Video card would only be a 8800gt as I am gaming at 1280x720
I was playing fallout 3 on a pentium d 930 at 3ghz with a 8800gt at 1280x720 and was getting avg 35-40 fps. I couldnt play new vegas at all due to the frame rate being in the teens. I know the E8400 has to be at least twice as fast as the pentium d was so I am confused with the passmark scores on how good the sandy bridge celeron will do. What do you guys think?
The video card is cheap only $30 so it's not like its a lot of money and surely this celeron has to do better then the pentium d I had right