Counter-Strike framerate Q

redpoint13

n00b
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Messages
28
specs:

AMD64 3000+
9800XT
gig stick ddr400

ok so.. if i have developer 1 on, fps max at 500, i get up to 250-300 frames. But as soon as i see 1 person on my screen its dropped to low hundreds, and numerous people continue dropping it. obviously it should drop a little because seeing more models would do that... but it just seems like somewhat staggering drops.

anyone else get this issue? know a fix?
 
i know that it doesnt even make a difference with that high frames, its just i like seeing a really high # for FPS ;p
 
actually developer set to 1 doesnt help you any at all

it actually can hurt you

if you have it on it can actually make you run slower. just pull out a knife and have someone that has developer set to 0 run with the knife next to you and watch him outrun you.

that said.. if i were you i would pump up the resolution as high as you can go then start adding AF and AA as much as you can.

i run at 1920x1200 with 16AF and 8AA and i dont dip at all even when someone pops a smoke nade its a solid 60fps with vsync or 99 w/o

seeing 5000 fps wont make any difference so dont worry about that. the only thing that kills my fps is if i turn truform on to any level higher than 1.. so make sure you dont have that on.
 
From what I remember, anything over 100 = duplicate frames. I could be wrong tho, it wouldnt be the first, or twelth time.
 
hmm... ive heard the slow down with developer 1 thing, but it just feels so smooth i dunno.. ill check it out, thnx..
 
I found I have to enable V-Sync with CS or I see tears when I move the mouse quickly. Also my OpenGL framerate is terrible, don't know why. It drops to 40fps sometimes with AA/AF off, I can play with D3D and AA/AF with no problem. Only thing is it's a bitch getting decals to work with D3D, have to use the command

"gl_polyoffset -0.05"

or something.
 
Back
Top