Corsair XMS

Villhaven

n00b
Anyone seen a review or running this memory in your system?

Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, Low Latency 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) ECC Registered DDR PC-3200LL - Retail

It looks like it could be some pretty nice stuff but I have never heard of XMS, just throwing it out there.

I have 2 sticks of 512mb (1GB) XMS PRO Series. Runs AWESOME.
edit: pc3200

Villhaven said:
Anyone seen a review or running this memory in your system?

Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, Low Latency 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) ECC Registered DDR PC-3200LL - Retail

It looks like it could be some pretty nice stuff but I have never heard of XMS, just throwing it out there.

You never heard of XMS before? :eek:

Yes it's pretty nice stuff. Hope you've taken note, that it's registered DDR. To be used in systems like the Athlon64 FX (940pins) and Opterons.

XMS is the top-of-the line series from corsair. The XMS line is why corsair is so popular/famous. The ram you mentioned is ECC registered, which is generally used in server/multi-processor environments. You won't want to be using that on a normal desktop.

Yeah, this stuff is solid for sure. I have XMS PC4000. When I got it I couldnt believe how heavy it felt. It's really solid, really fast and very stable. Undoubtabley some of the best RAM on the Market.

Corsair XMS is among the most popular choices for performance and OC'ing ram. It's a popular performance line alongside Mushkin and Kingston HyperX.

I've got 2x512 3200C2PT XMS ram and it gives me modest overclocks with just a little extra voltage. It's not the best OCing ram, but I'm not going to be replacing it either. In fact I need a 2nd gig of it.

Like others have said, that is REGISTERED RAM, which is NOT normally used in desktops. You dont want to buy registered.

But Corsair XMS is pretty much top of the line memory and usually oc's well at good timings. It is very much worth the price for their performance.

Ah ok, thanks for that information, they have an unregistered version of that then? Im about to go look, tired of this kingston valueram I have in my system now, any other brand names i should look into? Running a Abit IC-7 max II advance board with an intel p4 3.0 ghz processor. Prolly going to overclock it all once I ge tmy new case and some better airflow.

Villhaven said:
Ah ok, thanks for that information, they have an unregistered version of that then? Im about to go look, tired of this kingston valueram I have in my system now, any other brand names i should look into? Running a Abit IC-7 max II advance board with an intel p4 3.0 ghz processor. Prolly going to overclock it all once I ge tmy new case and some better airflow.
Yes, they have unregistered ram.

Think im going to get this, CORSAIR XMS Xtreme Memory Speed Series, Xtra-Low Latency 184-Pin , thanks for all the advice

Back