Corsair TX750, i7 OC'ed, and GTX280 SLI

Hey guys/gals.

Current system in sig.

My question is, I'm considering getting a second 280 to go into SLI.

Do you think my 750 will be enough to power the two 280's, while maintaining my OC?

Thanks all.

if you're looking to buy a new PSU, i would suggest a 850+ for that setup just to be safe.

if you're looking to buy a new PSU, i would suggest a 850+ for that setup just to be safe.

I wasn't, but I could if I absolutely had to. I suppose I need help deciding whether I should or not. I'd rather not - this Corsair's served me pretty well.

I tried some of the PSU calculators, and I come in right around 700, OC's included. That was reassuring, but I wanted to double check.

Thanks for the input.

Yes. I run an i7 920 at 4.3ghz, 6gb of memory, 10 120mm fans, 2 655 pumps, 2 GTX260s at 710mhz, and an 8800GT for physix. The 750 is a true beast of burdon. Although i plan to pick up a hx1000 soon cause i wanna go triple :p

this is very reassuring. I have a Thermaltake toughpower 750w. I'm told its a great brand. So I would be able to run sli 280? 6g mem, intel 920, 2HDD, 3 120mm fan?

Buy the way. does anyone know where I can get a 8pin pci-e "Y" splitter? something that splits the 8pin into 2 8pins.

my gtx 280 sli rig ([email protected], 4gb 1333, raptor 150 raid, laing ddc 350 pump, 9 fans) drinks a bit over 650w from the wall measured with a watts up device. this means my components are drawing 520w from the power supply at load if my psu has an efficiency rating of 80%. i'm sure an i7 gtx280 sli rig would draw roughly the same wattage so a psu rated for 750w is more than enough.

Buy the way. does anyone know where I can get a 8pin pci-e "Y" splitter? something that splits the 8pin into 2 8pins.

No, but there are plenty of these available
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=186&products_id=23769
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=186&products_id=23770

There's also a 6 pin splitter there you could use along with one of the 6 pin to 8 pin adapters, but honestly, if you're running out of PCIe power connectors on your PSU... it's time for a higher rated PSU. Don't kill it, or your hardware.

Back