CORSAIR DDR4 3000 in Asrock z170 Extereme4+

Yacko

n00b
I built a new skylake system using an ASRock Z170 Extreme4+ , Intel Core i5-6600k and Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 2x8GB kit (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15R). I have upgraded the motherboard to the latest bios 1.50 but can not get this memory to run in XMP mode (3000 15-17-17-35) it refuses to even start and eventual the system comes up and says it was unable to boot and settings have been reset. I have tried increasting VCCSA AND VCCIO both all the way to 1.25V and it hasn't helped and increased memory to 1.39V which didn't help either. I ran memory check on the memory at stock (2133 15-15-15-35) and found no problems at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions or have this working on this motherboard and memory combination?

I have tried multiple Z170 boards and XMP simply doesn't work. I'd recommend setting the timings and frequency yourself and trying that. I've had similar experiences with an Asus Deluxe and Corsair Dominator RAM.

Have you tried using the RAM in slots A2 and B2? Here is a link to the tested memory with that board:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z170 Extreme4+/index.us.asp?cat=Memory

I have the memory in slots A2 and B2.

I have tried multiple Z170 boards and XMP simply doesn't work. I'd recommend setting the timings and frequency yourself and trying that. I've had similar experiences with an Asus Deluxe and Corsair Dominator RAM.

I went into the DRAM Information and it let me select the parameters that I wanted so I chose all of the XMP Profile settings and exited it and I noticed that did not change the "Write Recovery Time" (tWR) to the correct value (17) it left it at 16. So I went in a manually changed it to 17 and low and behold this seems to have worked. I wonder if when pulling the XMP profile if its missing this setting causing it to be unable to boot. We will see if this stays stable. Thanks for your help.

Back