CORSAIR CX500M

K1tty

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
1,961
As some may have seen, this is one of the Newegg Shell Shockers today.
Looks like it could be a decent PSU especially if the price is good. Normally it's $49.99 after a $20 rebate. Perhaps it'll be $20 cheaper?

Specs:

Output: +3.3V@25A, +5V@20A, +12V@38A, -12V@0.8A, +5VSB@3A
80 PLUS BRONZE Certified up to 85% efficiency
5 year warranty & modular

Haven't found any thorough reviews or tests of this unit. Even still, I'm debating picking it up for a cheap backup PSU as I donated my last one to a build for my grandmother :)
 
$39.99 after $20 MIR is the deal (if you didn't get the email yet).

I would assume the innards are CWT. Typically they use Seasonic for their modulars but at this price point I don't think they'd use them....not cost effective. ;)

Should be a fairly solid unit; the CX's are good if you get one without coil whine.
 
The CX430 is CWT so this probably is too. Solid, cheap units. Not going to get much better for the price for modular.
 
I've had good luck with the CX units, definitely not the best, but great for the price.
 
Back
Top