• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Corsair 128GB SSD causing instability?

neokeelo

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Messages
1,649
I have a 128GB Performance Pro SSD that is causing my PC to become unstable.

It crashes my computer when I launch certain programs or when I leave my pc on idle for awhile. When the pc restarts windows runs check disk and recovers some orphan files.
I am also gettig Disk I/O errors in some programs. All of this makes me think it is the SSD that is causing this as it started to happen suddenly over the past few days.

I have alreay tested my RAM via Memtest86 and found no errors after lettering it run for 3 hours.
O plan to replace my 7970 with a nvidea and let it run a few days to see if it stops but my gut tells me it wont.
The SSD has 29GB of 119GB free.

What tools can I use to diagnose the SSD or repair it? Is there a new firmware I can try?
I have already ran Corsair's tool box and did the trim command and added 5GB to the Over Provision on the drive and its still unstable.

Should I contact Corsair and send it back or format it and do a fresh install of windows?
 
Back
Top