Core i3-2100 @ 54C?!

Trackr

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 10, 2011
Messages
1,786
I'm writing this from an H67/i3-2100 build I've got on my test bench that is supposed to be my new NAS.

But something is really bothering me.

This is a 32nm DUAL-CORE.. and its temps are as high as an E5300!

I'm getting 54C max load using 4xORTHOS (for each thread).

Is this normal? I thought this thing would be as hot as an Atom.
 
Is that with the stock cooler? Does sound a little warmer than one might expect, but won't cause any problem at that temp.
 
Yeah, stock cooler.

I know it won't cause trouble, I am just very curious.
 
I'm getting 54C max load using 4xORTHOS (for each thread).

Is this normal?

After some google-fu, I'm seeing that other people are getting a around 60 *C load temperatures using the stock cooler - so you're OK. ;)
 
That's as hot as my i3 2100 gets under load. What bothers me is that the heatsink doesn't feel hot so it makes me think its not removing as much heat as it could but that's the normal temp for one.
 
Back
Top