Dmac122383
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Jan 15, 2011
- Messages
- 437
I'm trying to overclock my e8400 C2D and have a few questions.
I've read a couple "how-to" guide on this and still not quite sure exactly what to do.
I'm used to multiplier unlocking on AMd BE cpus, or using ASUS TurboV is do the work.
I've read that you need to just increase the base bus speed of 333mhz in bios and if needed increase vcore. My MB is a MSI P6N Diamond Platinum 680i SLI. In the bios there is no way to increase the bus speed, only FSB which is at 1333mhz.
Can I increase the FSB from 1333mhz to whatever it will take and be stable for a reliable overclock?
Since I've had alot of luck using ASUS TurboV on my asus MB I figured I'd give the MSI utility Dual Core Center a shot, but this program is terrible. The UI looks like it is from 1993 Win3.1 style. Within the Dual Core Center I am able to increase the bus speed, but I cannot get the settings to save and load when I start windows. I do not want to have to enter in new values every time I restart the PC.
From what I've heard and seen about these Wolfsdale chips e8400 is that they are great overclockers that are very easy to clock and stay very cool. I'm really hoping to get atleast a 3.6ghz oc. I'm using a Corsair A70 heatsink so temperatures shouldnt be an issue.
Any tips of info would be great, or a really good overclocking guide.
Thanks,
Dave
I've read a couple "how-to" guide on this and still not quite sure exactly what to do.
I'm used to multiplier unlocking on AMd BE cpus, or using ASUS TurboV is do the work.
I've read that you need to just increase the base bus speed of 333mhz in bios and if needed increase vcore. My MB is a MSI P6N Diamond Platinum 680i SLI. In the bios there is no way to increase the bus speed, only FSB which is at 1333mhz.
Can I increase the FSB from 1333mhz to whatever it will take and be stable for a reliable overclock?
Since I've had alot of luck using ASUS TurboV on my asus MB I figured I'd give the MSI utility Dual Core Center a shot, but this program is terrible. The UI looks like it is from 1993 Win3.1 style. Within the Dual Core Center I am able to increase the bus speed, but I cannot get the settings to save and load when I start windows. I do not want to have to enter in new values every time I restart the PC.
From what I've heard and seen about these Wolfsdale chips e8400 is that they are great overclockers that are very easy to clock and stay very cool. I'm really hoping to get atleast a 3.6ghz oc. I'm using a Corsair A70 heatsink so temperatures shouldnt be an issue.
Any tips of info would be great, or a really good overclocking guide.
Thanks,
Dave