Copper vs. Alum. (or combo)

Cannibal Corpse

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 22, 2002
Messages
1,285
Hey All,

The Thermaltake's BIG Typhoon seems to be choice among most of you guys, but I have some questions:

1 - The Thermalright's XP-90C is made complementally out of copper and its even more expensive than Big Typhoon, why? Is it the Big Typhoon's design that makes it cooler than the competing products, even when they are made of copper?

2 - Can I replace the fan on Big Typhoon? If so, what do you recommend? (Do you recommend some of those UV fans that would go with my DFI LanParty 'Expert' motherboard?)

3 - I am building my DFI nF4-SLI DR 'Expert' and Opteron 146 (CABNE 0530!) and would like to know if Big Typhoon is compatible with it.

Many thanks in advance!
 
The xp90c is smaller than the BT therefore uses a smaller fan and should have less surface area. You can change the fan on the BT to whatever fan you want, but if you are looking for quiet, the BT fan is very quiet already (A UV fan would look pretty cool though). I think the main issue people have with the BT is that if you have a small case, then the 120mm fan might get real close to the side panel restricting a lil bit of airflow.
 
Thanks! OK, I am about to get XP-90C and the recommended fan is:

Panasonic FBL09A12M Fan

Now the place the I want to order it from is:


SideWinder Computers:

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/thxp.html

The thing is they offer (drop down menu) a LOT of different versions: (it is 92x25MM)

High Speed
Medium Speed
Ultra Quite

Pricewise they are all the same.

Which one should I choose?

Edit: I just realized that the rated CFM on official Thermalright is 48 CFM. But the High Speed 57 CFM posted on SideWinder Computers also is tempting.

Please help me choose one!

Thanks!
 
Back
Top