Cooling a AMD Barton

Joined
May 7, 2008
Messages
12
I know it's an old processor; but, I'd like to still use it on my server PC but the temps are pretty insane. Not sure what's a real good solution to cooling the CPU where it's not obsessively loud heh.
 
well how high are temps? 60c load is acceptable. 55 is better. but expect 40-45 idle.
 
Hi,

I have a Thermaltake Volcano 12 I think on my AXP Barton. Reasons why...

  • Comes with a fan rheostat
  • Fan blows from 1000 to 5000 RPMs 3000 RPMs is pretty quiet with good air flow. At 5000 it is loud and does not do much else for cooling. 4000 RPMs was the limit for noise and flow. After that it seemed to do nothing.
  • Descent base but needs some lapping to really work well.
  • Got it for cheap like 15 bucks.
  • Most of all it works. Keeps my AXP Barton cool with a light overclock

Hope it helps!
 
Back
Top