Coolermster questions

Xeese

2[H]4U
1 - most of the Coolermaster cases seem to have the same 2 intake fan configuration. Does anyone know if it is possible& Easy to mod the two fans to take 92mm instead of the 80mm? I know anything is possible, but does it require modding the drive mount area?

2 - On the Wavemaster cases the intake slots for the fan look fairly restrictive. Anyone have much experience with them, or have you seen a mod where the intake slots are cut out?

1. Due to the nature of the drive holders being 80mm apart, you would not be able to install 90mm, otherwise you'ld have to cut apart the drive cages and that could be more trouble then its actually worth

2. This is the Wavemasters biggest fault not to mention Coolermaster is freaking stupid not for making any kind of dust filter for a case that costs that much. I just assume cut the whole damn section out so those twin 80mms can breathe instead of churning dead air.

I wasn't sure on the 8mm fans due to the pick lower down on this page It looks like there is an adapter bracket on the 80's. but since 3.5" is 88.9mm, even modding the bracket probabl won't work.

i have a coolermaster 201 case and i replaced the 2 front fans with some 92mm fans, all i had to do was drill some holes for the screws.

i also replaced the rear fan with a 92 after i drilled the hole larger.

i had some pics posted here sometime ago but not sure if they are still active.

Back