Coolermaster GeminII

specs are in my sig now..

plus its not that loud if you get quite fans for it.. i have two yate looms on it and its pretty quite... the majority of hte noise from my case is from the nvidia fan that you put on the northbridge.. that sucker is loud...

hell, i can imagen how much they are going to charge for this monstrosity. I bet you could buy a low end liquid system for the same price.

its only $50... not including S/H.. thats cheaper then a Zalman 9700 or a Tuniq Tower 120.. but thats w/o the fans... the fans cost extra...

specs are in my sig now..

plus its not that loud if you get quite fans for it.. i have two yate looms on it and its pretty quite... the majority of hte noise from my case is from the nvidia fan that you put on the northbridge.. that sucker is loud...
Damn, a 6600 cpu. Was hoping for a quad so I could compare ;)

Did you try stressing it already with Prime95 (small FFT's) ? When you do, pls monitor temps with Core-Temp. The actual core temperatures at real 100% load, is what we are interessed in. It's the most used so also the easiest to compare then.

Thanx

i'm having trouble running prime95 on vista 32 bit.. any suggestions guys?.. i can try using intel TAT for the measurements by using their load program....?

:eek: :D :D I wanted to check, but then I needed to go to far back on that very slow forum. Didn't feel for it. :D :D ;)

So how did it actually turned out?

After two emails to Cooler Mater about my problem with no response I called them and got them to send me a plate. It arrived in the mail Saturday. The plate helped a good bit with the MB bending. It still bends a small amount but not to the point of separating the MB heat sink from the MB like it used to. When it arrived Saturday I found I had to modify it a bit because one of the unused screw holes on the plate would sit on top of a component leg sticking through the back of the MB. And just encase the heat sink gets loose I cut four holes in my motherboard tray so I could tighten the nuts without dissembling half of my system.

I was up until 4am this morning putting my system together, I've now spent all day today trying to get it to boot. This Striker Extreme is the most finicky MB I ever used. I've finally got it to boot into the BIOS but sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Looks like it will be a while before I get Vista installed.

After two emails to Cooler Mater about my problem with no response I called them and got them to send me a plate. It arrived in the mail Saturday. The plate helped a good bit with the MB bending. It still bends a small amount but not to the point of separating the MB heat sink from the MB like it used to. When it arrived Saturday I found I had to modify it a bit because one of the unused screw holes on the plate would sit on top of a component leg sticking through the back of the MB. And just encase the heat sink gets loose I cut four holes in my motherboard tray so I could tighten the nuts without dissembling half of my system.

I was up until 4am this morning putting my system together, I've now spent all day today trying to get it to boot. This Striker Extreme is the most finicky MB I ever used. I've finally got it to boot into the BIOS but sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Looks like it will be a while before I get Vista installed.
You probably know all of this already but here some tips to get it more stable.
Disable Linkboost and GPU ex. These are two useless options.
and Increase a little CPU VTT. I have it to 1.35V
When running 8800 in SLI, also increase a little the 1.2VHT.

So the geminII is a bit to big then, to install it normally. Especially when you move the pc often.

You probably know all of this already but here some tips to get it more stable.
Disable Linkboost and GPU ex. These are two useless options.
and Increase a little CPU VTT. I have it to 1.35V
When running 8800 in SLI, also increase a little the 1.2VHT.

So the geminII is a bit to big then, to install it normally. Especially when you move the pc often.

I think GPU ex was already disabled but Linkboost was the first thing I disabled. After upping the Memory Voltage to 2.175V my system seems to boot better.

I think GPU ex was already disabled but Linkboost was the first thing I disabled. After upping the Memory Voltage to 2.175V my system seems to boot better.
And what memory is that?

Maybe you should add your config into your signature like most do. It's always handy...

cool design.

i would do one fan blowing towards mobo (the one above cpu) and the other fan blowing away from mobo to help circulate

Ah, 4G. Sorry, I have only 2G, can't help you with that. :confused:
More ppl have problems with 4G. I've heard bios 1004 helps.

I had to install BIOS 1004 last night to get Vista to recognize that my HDs were connected correctly. I'm running Vista's memory diagnostic tool now, it got to 2% then detected problems. I may have to get new RAM.

Update:
I removed one stick and all of my problems have so far gone away. I was able to get Vista installed very easily, and quickly. Either I pulled out the one bad stick or there is a problem with four sticks installed. I'm betting the problem is with the MB. Now the question is how do I get four sticks to run stable???

I had to install BIOS 1004 last night to get Vista to recognize that my HDs were connected correctly. I'm running Vista's memory diagnostic tool now, it got to 2% then detected problems. I may have to get new RAM.

Update:
I removed one stick and all of my problems have so far gone away. I was able to get Vista installed very easily, and quickly. Either I pulled out the one bad stick or there is a problem with four sticks installed. I'm betting the problem is with the MB. Now the question is how do I get four sticks to run stable???

Try to test all sticks one by one. Then try all slots on the mobo. It takes a lot off time, but you'll be able to find the error.

Back