Convert youtube/flash video to a normal video format like AVI

Red Squirrel

[H]F Junkie
Anyone know of a free app that will convert a youtube or any other flash video to an avi? I know there's a billion youtube video downloaders out there, but they arn't really apps, they are web based, and they come and go, and they don't even convert into an editable format. I want an actually application that does the work on my machine, and then converts to avi. Say I want to include part of a youtube video in a video I am making, I need an avi. I tried using programs like camtasia and hypercam, but they just crap out for large screen areas and the file usually ends up corrupted, all the ones I tried can't handle big screen resolutions very well.

The windows version seems incomplete, lot of menues don't show up, or are blank. Most buttons don't do anything. Have not tried in Linux yet though.

I opened the shortcut it created. i managed to find a Firefox extension that does what I want though. it basically adds a "download" button on the youtube video and i can download to MP4 which my video editor can handle.

Use Any Video Converter, converts just about any video format.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Back