Constant tone from speakers

dmanrevived

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 26, 2006
Messages
208
I'm having trouble with my stereo. It has composite inputs for the red and white wires for audio. I had my 360 hooked up to it through the component + composite cables and it was working fine. I then switched to using the VGA cables with the red/white composites and that worked fine too. Now I'm back to using the component + composite cables, and the stereo is just giving me a constant, single tone. What could be causing this?
 
Connections are fine, the same way as I had them before when they use to work. Two sets of red/white cables with an extension thingy in the middle, red to red, white to white.
 
I seem to have found the cause of the constant tone. It only comes on when the three component cables are plugged into my display. That's weird, because these cables are the ones that came with the 360.
 
I have found the problem. I'm using an extra set of red/white audio cables and an extension adapter because my stereo is too far away, and they're not getting along with my monitor. I used the same extension setup on my old monitor, and it worked fine. Now I have to connect the audio straight into the stereo without an extension for it to all work together nicely.

So all this leads me to this question: do analog signals over composite like extension cables? Do they "lose signal" over extensions?
 
Back
Top