Constant Buzzing on Input and Output

Joined
Feb 6, 2005
Messages
780
I currently use an ABIT IS-7 motherboard with onboard sound. I've started to notice (especially on headphones) that when I am doing a certain activity on the PC, I will hear a buzzing or clicking noise. Like, whenever I am highlighting a section of text, there will be a higher pitch buzzing then normal. Then when I stop highlighting, it will stop and go back to a low pitch growl almost.

I used to think it was a faulty sound card, but now some of my friends whom I talk to on Ventrillo and Teamspeak have said they hear a constant buzz like a fan is next to me whenever I push my talk key.

I've updated my drivers to the most recent and haven't found a solution. Is there a third party program to change settings on my mic and input/output devices? Is this a known audio problem? It's been going on for a while and I almost bought a new sound card but figured I'd ask around first. I'll also be purchasing a new PC in a month or two so no need to buy anything drastic.

Thanks in advance for the help!
 
This is actually about the fourth instance of this issue in the last few days....very common..
 
Is the muting of unused audio inputs the only way to do this? Because I'm still getting a constant buzzing, even though it's a lot less after muting some, its still significant.
 
Make sure all sound effects and equalizers are OFF. They really fuck with the sound, I had buzzing with my millett, turs out it wasnt the amp at all it was just the EQ on my PC turning itself on on startup with a really exaggerated crappy sounding rock setting.
 
My computer does the same buzz, as Audioguy knows. But i can live with it i suppose. I will continue to find a fix though!! I will persevere!
 
Back
Top