Consendation ???

Caliche

Limp Gawd
I'm inquiring about consendation in a watercooling system. My current future setup will have the water below 32F. If my room temperature is about 60-70F varying at times, and my water is alot colder than that, as stated, then when will I have to insulate my CPU area. If anyone can point me to articles or such that would be helpful to. I'm not going below 32F though.

Caliche

32F is 0c. If you plan on running at those temps than you'll need som dielectric greese, neoprene and conformal coating. I'm running 22C under full load with my set up and I haven't had any issues with condensation.

I plan on using a CoolWorks IceProbe to chill down my water in my res. That is why i am concerned. Becz I believe that i can cool the water down to 40F no problem and if the room is at 60F, won't I get consendation. That is what guides say should happen.

Caliche

Good point but it is close though. When you start getting in those ranges you'll want to take precautions to safeguard against it. If you use a chiller or phase change than it's just a given.

Back