Connecting Wii to VGA LCD Monitor

3-Phase

Limp Gawd
I want to connect my Wii to my Dell 2007WFP's VGA input. As far as I know these are my best options:

vdigi wii to vga cable

OR

vdigi component to vga transcoder

What is the difference in quality between these two options?

I was leaning more towards the transcoder because I can use it for other things besides a Wii. Is that transcoder the newer enhanced version of the VD-Z3?

You can go with those converter box's, but the cost isnt really worth it for me, its a small enough screen that it still looks good on just Composit, or S-Video.

Use the first option. You don't need a digital conversion from component to RGB over d-sub, so you won't need the converter box. Definitely hook it up through some kind of medium which can give you progressive scan, though, unless you like seeing artifacts of interlacing all over the place when you play your games.

*edit* -> just checked my email, they've shipped it out today.
Just a heads up to the original poster, but I ordered the Vdigi Wii VGA cable on 12/25/07 (yeah, I know, Christmas Day), and I have yet to receive it. Sure did take the money out of my bank account through paypal though.

but I ordered the Vdigi Wii VGA cable on 12/25/07 (yeah, I know, Christmas Day), and I have yet to receive it.

When I ordered my box, it was very hard to find someone that wasn't shipping from China. I could have saved a lot buying from ebay, but didn't want to wait a month for shipping. So I bought it from totalconsole.com which is in NY, and got it a week later.

PM'ing you about a question.
pm replied

Back