Congress To Take Up Net’s Future

HardOCP News

[H] News
It would seem that congress might not be off to the slow start that analyst had predicted earlier this week. Members of congress introduced new net neutrality legislation that will hopefully get the ball rolling on Capitol Hill.

The first significant so-called net neutrality legislation of the new Congressional session was introduced Tuesday by Senator Byron L. Dorgan, Democrat of South Dakota, and Senator Olympia J. Snowe of Maine, one of the few Republicans in Congress to support such a measure.

You would think that a large newspaper such as the New York Times would have fact checkers working for them so they wouldn't make the mistake of saying that Senator Dorgan is from South Dakota instead of North Dakota, the state he represents.

It is really awesome to see Congress doing something to better this country...

A few months ago I would have told you this country was doomed if something didn't change. And well, it did, and if things continue to get better it may not be doomed at all. :D

Is it just me or was that a bit biased and misinformative? They tried to make it seem content providers want net neutrality because they don't "want to pay for the kinds of faster Internet service that will enable consumers to more quickly download videos and play games." Really now...

I still stand by that there should be a Department of the US government with elected members deciding the fate of the Internet within the US, and a member who will represent us at a global summit. This way industery experts decide the fate of the internet and not people who can bairly e-mail.

I still stand by that there should be a Department of the US government with elected members deciding the fate of the Internet within the US, and a member who will represent us at a global summit. This way industery experts decide the fate of the internet and not people who can bairly e-mail.

Considering that the original drafts of 90% of the stuff published in Congress were written by lobbyists, I feel I have yet another reason to move to somewhere else.

Considering that the original drafts of 90% of the stuff published in Congress were written by lobbyists, I feel I have yet another reason to move to somewhere else.

Agreed, but when i compare living in the US to other countries i still prefer the US. Canada, Sweden, The Netherlands, and Japan (and more) are all great places but they don't seem to have it all when it comes to combined gaming, tech toys, broadband (and personal robot butlers in the future).

Agreed, but when i compare living in the US to other countries i still prefer the US. Canada, Sweden, The Netherlands, and Japan (and more) are all great places but they don't seem to have it all when it comes to combined gaming, tech toys, broadband (and personal robot butlers in the future).

What are you saying? Japan is by far(years perhaps) ahead of the US in terms of consumer technology.

Back