Confuse about Watercooling package!

allan_leung

Weaksauce
Hello everyone

I am planning to water cool my rig. But still not sure which one to get. I've never use water cooling stuff before. I search for many reviews and they usually review kits and stuff but most of the people in the fourm who post their pic use different stuff... like different water block, radiator, and pumps. They mix all kinds of brands together.

Is it better to get those starter kit or should I buy them separately. Which brand are the best for each of those stuff? Pumps, radaitor and water block.

I really like the Swiftech H20-8501 kit. Is it any good?

My currently spec

Intel 3.0 with Zalman 7000cu
ASUS P4C800-E
Kingston PC4000 (256*2)
ATI 9800Pro 128mb
IBM SCSI 4*18gb 15k with Mylex Raid 0+1
Coolermaster Wave Master (TAC-T01-E1C)

Please help me out! Thank You!

Is it better to get those starter kit or should I buy them separately. Which brand are the best for each of those stuff? Pumps, radaitor and water block.

It's better to make your own then to buy a kit.
Best radiator = Car heater core or Dtek pro core jr120
Pumps = eheim 1250
Water block = swiftech

this is a suggestion but some of the good stuff.

The best block out there right now is Cathers cascade block which is difficult to find (because he has temporarly halted production) and expensive. The next best is the D-Tec White water (also one of Cathers designs) and the Danger Den RBX.
As far as buying a kit or piecing one together, here is my opinion;
Read, read, read and read some more. If you feel like you can answer questions instead of asking them, you have learned enough. It really all comes down to doing the research and then you can put together an awsome kit for top notch performance for less overall cost than a kit.
If you are the impatient type, or don't feel up do doing all the research, (it took me well over a month to gain all the knowledge to feel comfortable) then a kit is going to be your best bet.

Back