computer to RCA Tv conversion

Imcompa

Weaksauce
This is kind of a silly question, I wasn't sure where to put it.

I have a TV card, which I use kind of like a tivo. I would like to watch the video on my tv from my computer.

I have an gefore 8800 gts 640mb. so It has an s-video out and high def out. But my tv only has RCA in. What kind of converter should I but to make this work. And will it look alright since I will be watching TV on it. I know tv's aren't that great for displaying stuff on computers.

Thanks.

haha wow, I plugged the green component cable into the RCA yellow spot and it's crystal clear. :/ Thanks for the help. All the cables I could find were like 30+ bucks. Just so you know, if you have an old shitty tv, you can plug the green (component) into the the RCA - yellow and it works perfect!

And with the nividia settings it works just like a second monitor. Brilliant. No need to buy 30+$ cables! I just had to buy a speaker to red-white rca cable to get sound.

I actually found it built into the nvidia settings. Great stuff. Nvidia you rock.

haha wow, I plugged the green component cable into the RCA yellow spot and it's crystal clear. :/ Thanks for the help. All the cables I could find were like 30+ bucks. Just so you know, if you have an old shitty tv, you can plug the green (component) into the the RCA - yellow and it works perfect!

Normally you cant do that. The video card must be switching its output to composite. If it wasn't switching, you would be getting a clear B+W picture (at best).

Component devices like dvd players, etc wont work right if you just plug the green cable into a composite (yellow) input.

Wow.

I hate Dell right now. :p They didn't give me a DVI to VGA adapter or a nVidia component output for my 8600!

Back