Computer Can't Find X-Fi Titanium

tdisen

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 8, 2004
Messages
150
I bought the Creative X-Fi Titanium earlier today, and I can't get the thing installed. I feel like I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what it is.

First, I uninstalled all the old audio drivers, and disabled my on-board audio from the BIOS. I then installed the card into 1 of 4 of my available x1 slots. I've tried each of them, and Windows is unable to detect that any new hardware is installed. When attempting to run the installation, I get an error message suggesting that the setup is unable to recognize any available hardware.

I guess it seems more like a PCIe issue, but I figured it was pertinent. So, what is it I'm doing wrong?
 
Is it the champion series? Try this, put it in an x16 slot. It will still work fine considering the x16 slot can do x1 mode. I have mine in an x16 slot since the 790i was designed so brilliantly as to not allow a x1 card longer then like 2" in the top x1 slot, and my GTX 260 covers the second.
 
It's Pro-series. My Mobo is a Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3. It only has one x16 slot, and my 9800GT is in there.
 
Thats so weird. When you power your computer on, does the X-Fi light turn on- the one on the soundcard itself?
 
I doubt this will fix your issue, but try taking the card out. Boot up go into windows. Shutdown. Put the card back in and try again.
 
What the F...

I have no idea dude. Try enabling your onboard sound, then install (or try to install) the cards drivers. I did it that way. At this point you gotta try every alternative until something works really. If you can't find a solution, I suggest a OS re-install.
 
Tried it in my brother's computer, and it didn't see the card either. Guess I'm contacting Creative. I'm so angry right now. 7 hours and $100, and it's a defective piece of shit.
 
Is there a relatively inexpensive way to test if my PCIe slots are working? Perhaps some sort of inexpensive, and easy-to-acquire card that would help me determine whether it's the sound card that's busted, or my motherboard?
 
Well, just to update for the sake of updating... Brought the card back to BB for an exchange, but they didn't have the Titanium Fatality Pro, so I grabbed the X-Fi XtremeGamer and was reimbursed the other $27 (which I was very happy with. I went into the store expecting to be hustled). Card installed no problem with the latest drivers, and I'm pleased with how it sounds. Yay.
 
Back
Top