Commodore 64 ethernet

sandmanx

[H]F Junkie
I was just wondering if anyone has used a c64 w/ ethernet here. I was thinking about getting one for my c64 for the hell of it, since it still works and fun to screw around on every once in a while. There seems to be a few different designs out there, here is one:

Ethernet cartridge

...whoa...

First of all, let me say that is one of the most niteresting things that I have ever seen, and am also just as interested in any experiences with this. I have a C128 that has just been kinda sitting in my basement for some time, serving as a brickbreak gaming workhorse. I ahvent had too much time to research, but if they have ehternet for a '64 then I assume I can get one :D

elguapo said:
...whoa...

First of all, let me say that is one of the most niteresting things that I have ever seen, and am also just as interested in any experiences with this. I have a C128 that has just been kinda sitting in my basement for some time, serving as a brickbreak gaming workhorse. I ahvent had too much time to research, but if they have ehternet for a '64 then I assume I can get one :D

I'm guessing you could put it in c64 mode (wasn't that don't holding the funky commodore key on bootup) and run it that way. It's been a long, long time since I've seen a 128, I think around 1987 was the last time I saw one of those. My guess is it should work though, it did have the same slots on the rear as the 64 if I remember right.

Well what I was more worried about was the ahrdware compatibility than the sotfware thing. As my memory serves it is "GO64" to get it to run in C64 mode. All i need to know is where to buy one (that works with the 128) and how to set it up (I think the site above has that info).

Thanks!

elguapo said:
Well what I was more worried about was the ahrdware compatibility than the sotfware thing. As my memory serves it is "GO64" to get it to run in C64 mode. All i need to know is where to buy one (that works with the 128) and how to set it up (I think the site above has that info).

Thanks!

I think the 128 has the same cardridge port, and can run C64 cartridges, so it should work out of the box. I'm not positive on that though, so you might want to google that.

My next project for mine I think will be seeing if I can add s-video output. My RF looks terrible on it and I hate using my ancient 14" commodore monitor. I also want to expand the memory to 640K, I've found several sites on how to do that.

Back