oneWonders
n00b
- Joined
- Apr 20, 2012
- Messages
- 13
I'm looking at getting a colour calibration device to use for monitors at home and also televisions.
I would like to make sure that I can use the calibrator to set the calibration via the hardware, rather than in windows or whatever.
I assume this would be better as it would mean I could then use a console through the monitor and it would still be calibrated (though perhaps I would have to create a profile on the monitor for each input device)?
This would also allow me to do calibration of 3 separate monitors / tvs at a later date if I wanted to use eyefinity or something similar.
If anyone has any ideas on what is a decent piece of hardware to do that job that would be appreciated.
It would be preferable if the calibrator worked on a range of panel types, for example lcd as well as perhaps plasma.
I read something about spectrometers being more accurate in general that colourimeters except in lower light but that a good colourimeter can run them pretty close nowadays?
In terms of hardware, i'm not really sure what the different versions of colourimeters give you - it seems like the "pro" and "elite" versions are just added ambient light sensor (though i guess that is important) and more flexible software.
In terms of software, i am guessing something like this or this may be decent. The articles are reasonably old though, which is why i ask about hardware here, and even whether those guides are recommended.
It might be useful for me to mention i'm in the uk, as i realise prices and availability are not necessarily in our favour over here
Thanks for your help!
I would like to make sure that I can use the calibrator to set the calibration via the hardware, rather than in windows or whatever.
I assume this would be better as it would mean I could then use a console through the monitor and it would still be calibrated (though perhaps I would have to create a profile on the monitor for each input device)?
This would also allow me to do calibration of 3 separate monitors / tvs at a later date if I wanted to use eyefinity or something similar.
If anyone has any ideas on what is a decent piece of hardware to do that job that would be appreciated.
It would be preferable if the calibrator worked on a range of panel types, for example lcd as well as perhaps plasma.
I read something about spectrometers being more accurate in general that colourimeters except in lower light but that a good colourimeter can run them pretty close nowadays?
In terms of hardware, i'm not really sure what the different versions of colourimeters give you - it seems like the "pro" and "elite" versions are just added ambient light sensor (though i guess that is important) and more flexible software.
In terms of software, i am guessing something like this or this may be decent. The articles are reasonably old though, which is why i ask about hardware here, and even whether those guides are recommended.
It might be useful for me to mention i'm in the uk, as i realise prices and availability are not necessarily in our favour over here
Thanks for your help!