College restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

gr0undzer0

n00b
It seems as though my college has blocked ports or the proticol or something for ... Irc... Lime wire.... pretty much any p2p except bit torrent. Dont get me wrong I like bit torrent.. but .. could anyone tell me what options i have...? Or maybe... could you tell me how to find what ports they have blocked .. or anything like that...

gr0undzer0 said:
.. could anyone tell me what options i have...?

Honestly, ur best best and only real option is to see if you can get your own internet connection, then you can do what you want with it.

could anyone tell me what options i have...?
1. Live with it, it's a school network, study...
2. Contact your systems administrators and see if there are any LEGAL ways of getting around these measures, such as perhaps paying an additional fee for "unlimited access."
3. Look into getting a couple room mates and renting a place close to campus where you can get Comcast or whatever and control your own network.
4. Contact your systems administrator and see if it is an option to obtain your own internet connection outside of the school's network.

...could you tell me how to find what ports they have blocked .. or anything like that...

Go talk to your systems administrator at the network operations center, I'm sure your school office could point you in the right direction.

If you want to find out how to circumvent network security you're going to have to find it somewhere else. Hell, I'm sure there are plenty of 14-year-olds in a chatroom who could tell you how to be a "l337 h4x0r"... :rolleyes:

No, we won't help you circumvent your school's network restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back