codec needed? MPC-HC and DVD

dx00

Limp Gawd
I have problems with MPC-HC and DVD/DVDrip videos. The video especially the text is really low quality. Do I need any codecs? Do NOT tell me to install CCCP, K-Lite or and other video player.
I already have DirectVobSub installed...
It does not matter if the text is hard-coded ot not.

Here are some screens
MPC-HC and DVD(without DirectVobSub)
5d5nyv.jpg

The same DVD and VLC(without DirectVobSub)
2w7nxhh.jpg

MPC-HC and .avi file(DirectVobSub)
2afxxxj.jpg

VLC and the same .avi video(without DirectVobSub)
10x6puv.png

Last edited:
Just to get the ball rolling here, what codec are the DVD rips? I would guess DivX/Xvid?

Change your output to overlay in MPC.

So I've done this and it worked, but now I'm having a different problem.

I'm running this on Win7 so who knows. When choosing the overlay option, it causes the Windows Scheme to switch to basic. It does this because it says there's an incompatibility with a certain program. Switching back to "System Default" fixes this problem.

I installed the Haali media splitter and chose it and everything has been working great now.

I've been trying all sorts of different media players and codecs since upgrading from XP to Vista recently, and they are all sharing the same common problem; scaling. I am not sure if it's just a problem with Vista 64 or the Nvidia drivers, but pretty much all of the video looks terrible when watching it full screen, where if I leave it on the default size it's fine. It doesn't seem like either the player or the graphics card is correctly upscaling the videos and I don't know how to correct this, I did not have this problem at all with VLC under XP and everything scaled correctly.

Back