CNPS 9500

If you're talking about the 2 pieces on the left, those are like the most important pieces besides the heatsink itself. They are what allow you to mount the heatsink to the motherboard. You cannot do anything without them.

no i have the mounting pieaces im talking about the two black rubber pieaces in the picture i Linked

The pictures shows the two mounting pieces and the fan controller, the cable to connect it, and two bags with the accessories.

If you're talking about the fan controller, no you dont need to have the fan controller hooked up for it to work properly.

im talking about the ones i circled, and i installed my fan without the ones i circled

but havent turned it on yet

Thats what I said in my first post... I asked about the two pieces on the left... Those are the pieces you're supposed to mount the HSF on. I personally would have sent it back if i was missing pieces. But if you found a way to mount it where its secure...more power to you... you must not be using a pentium processor. probably amd. in THAT case... you shouldnt need those and you're good to go. the manual explains the different mounting methods for each socket type.

yes i mounted it and it seems secure it will move to the left or right slightly if i Push it hard, but it should be fine my question is all that pressure directly on the CPU Safe?

It shouldnt move around too much, if at all. Make sure the screws are tightened as much as they can go. But dont go crazy. There's supposed to be alot of pressure. Thats normal.

The one on the botton ( x-shape ) goes under the motherboard , the other circular one goes over the mother board around the cpu, then you put the cooler on the cpu ( with thermal grease ) then a bar from the plaistic bag on the right goes through th middle of th cooler pushing down on the base connecting to the circular black part you installed around the cpu.

Back