• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Client_died?!

DeadlyAura

CoalWagen
2FA
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
5,067
After a restart of my computer, I tried to run F@H again. When I started it up, it started normally and then gave the following readouts:

Folding@Home PMD Core
Version 1.03 (September 7th, 2005)

Preparing to commence simulation
-- Ensuring status. Please wait.

Folding@home Core Shutdown: CLIENT_DIED

And then it stays there. I tried starting it multiple times and it won't go. What did I do? What do I do?

 
Never mind, on the 14th try, it loaded fine.

However, I would still like ot know why it died in the first place. Anyone know?

 
Client died? :D Time to grab a body-bag and call the morgue. Can't say that I've ever seen that message before, but it is funny. If it happens again, just clear out the Work folder and restart f@h.
 
I've pulled this from the www.folding-community.org forums:
Folding Community said:
CLIENT_DIED:
This happens when, simply enough, the client dies. The core is still running, and can't find the client, so it shuts down. This is usually related to overclocking and/or overly aggressive memory timings. Back down on these and this error should vanish.

Are you by chance killing the FAH502-console.exe? That is normally one of the more common causes outside of overclocks and memory errors.
 
p[H]ant0m said:
Are you by chance killing the FAH502-console.exe? That is normally one of the more common causes outside of overclocks and memory errors.


What do you mean am I killing it?

Also, I'm not over clocking or anything, I running on a crappy 1004mHz. lol.

 
When you fold, there should be two processes running, the FAHcore_XX.exe and FAH502-Console.exe. If the latter is killed in taskmanager or through some other means, the core has nowhere to report data to, and the core dies.
 
Its odd as to why it would have killed the console the first 13 times, and then worked on the 14th. I haven't had a problem since though. Its weird. Thanks though everyone for the info.

 
Back
Top