Cleanup Service Entry

roftranspo

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2006
Joined
Sep 1, 2005
Messages
3,440
Hey...on one of my machines...i have an entry in services.msc that was a mess up from when i first started to run the console (it was the trial computer :)) Well now i have the F@H folder in a completely different stop and i have that original service entry disabled...is there a way to delete it and if so how?
 
find it in the registry... and delete it.... I don't remember the key right now, but do a seach for "F@H".... there's aren't a whole lot of entries....


Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

 
Look under:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services

It should start with "FAH@<Path to F@H>"

Hope that helps.

 
Go to the install directory and open client.cfg, change user name to pageian. That's the only way I know of to make things right. It won't do anything for the service entry but it'll make the client work better. :)
 
pageian said:
Go to the install directory and open client.cfg, change user name to pageian. That's the only way I know of to make things right. It won't do anything for the service entry but it'll make the client work better. :)
you would think...but not really :p
funnypic.jpg
 
See, this is why I use Linux. It's so confusing, you can't figure out how to install a service so therefore have no issues when it comes to remove it since it was never down with moose installed to begin with.
 
Yah... I just knew there had to be another linux guru around here in addition to unhappy_mage.... Lo & behold, it's Marty ! :eek:

8607
 
Dragging out an old one, anyone have a problem deleting the key to keep it from showing as a service? I disabled the service, but it still give me an error when deleting key. This is on a 2003 R2 64-bit box.
 
Back
Top