Cleaning dark fluid

SvdSinner

n00b
Joined
Feb 27, 2004
Messages
61
I've got my first WC rig and have been running for about four months. In the last week the fluid has went from clear to brownish. Obviously, I need to change the water, but I thought I'd ask a few questions:
  • How often do you guys normally change water? (Mine is distilled water, plus iodine and anti-freeze)
  • How quickly do I need to rip into this? (Reason being is that I am moving in 3 weeks, and will need to tear into it then, anyway. And, also, since I am moving, I am busier than heck and don't have too much spare time if I can hold off till then. But, then again, I don't want to have toasted XP mobile is dark water is D4NG3R CH4NG3 1MM3D14T3LY.)

FWIW, The system is a Danger den block, a heater core and a hydor pump, plus standard tubing.
 
Sounds like you've got an agae or other biologicals problem. Lots of people swear that flushing the system with a simple green/water solution will work wonders.
 
Back
Top