clean install and hard drives

kuyamiko

n00b
hi

im planning to do a clean install of my win xp home that is in my main HDD. i was just wondering if i should disconnect my two other internal hard drives before doing so. will the hard drives being connected result in any installation conflicts or drive path naming procedures?

any recommendations??

thanks for any suggestions in advance!!

hi

im planning to do a clean install of my win xp home that is in my main HDD. i was just wondering if i should disconnect my two other internal hard drives before doing so. will the hard drives being connected result in any installation conflicts or drive path naming procedures?

any recommendations??

thanks for any suggestions in advance!!

If your careful, leaving your other drives connected shouldn't be a problem... but staying on the safe side, it never hurts to disconnect storage drives during an install...

If your careful, leaving your other drives connected shouldn't be a problem... but staying on the safe side, it never hurts to disconnect storage drives during an install...

thanks!! i've done too many risky things to my computer in the past (like having only one screw to hold the motherboard inside the case, or not applying thermal grease to the cpu :D) but i'll play safe this time and remove my other storage drives!!

Before doing a clean installation you should revert to a minimal hardware configuration. All you should have hooked up to the PS is motherboard, cpu, video card, optical drive and hard drive. A minimal hardware configuration is employed to ensure correct installation order of drivers.

Back