Classics coming to XBL?

adamadekat

Gawd
I was just wondering, will there ever be classics such as Mega Man coming to Xbox Live? I've really been wanting to play them on my 360...anyone have info on it?

SmurfALMIGHTY said:
Theres supposed to be Street Fighter 2 coming out.

not supposedly. SF2 is coming at the end of this month I believe. It is definitely coming to XBLA. I imagine if SF2 is a success we will see many many more classics coming out. Especially because it is probably a pretty cheap proposition for these companies to revamp their old IP's for XBLA, especially when comparing it to the cost of a full fledged game.

Midway is releasing a number of its games over XBLA as well, release TBD. Ultimate MK and a host of their other arcade stuff is coming. Personally I would rather see a mashup of the MK games, a la MK Trilogy back in the N64/PSX days. I sorta-kinda-mostly hated UMK, but I'll still buy it to play it with friends. God I loved the Pit. Widescreen support if implemented will be kickass on any of the old 2d fighters, and the sprites will be as sharp as they ever were on those arcade monitors.

SF2 showing up is totally awesome, and I am psyched. Now if MS would just release a backup utility for your XBLA purchases that doesn't involve me opening the drive to back it up on my PC manually, I'd be stoked.

If Killer Instinct ever shows back up in any form on a console, that will totally tent my britches.

Edit: Apparently somebody else already decided they were tired of waiting for a 360 HD==>PC adapter for backups. I'm in when it comes out, totally.
http://www.360sata.com/

Kahnvex said:
Midway is releasing a number of its games over XBLA as well, release TBD. Ultimate MK and a host of their other arcade stuff is coming. Personally I would rather see a mashup of the MK games, a la MK Trilogy back in the N64/PSX days. I sorta-kinda-mostly hated UMK, but I'll still buy it to play it with friends. God I loved the Pit. Widescreen support if implemented will be kickass on any of the old 2d fighters, and the sprites will be as sharp as they ever were on those arcade monitors.

SF2 showing up is totally awesome, and I am psyched. Now if MS would just release a backup utility for your XBLA purchases that doesn't involve me opening the drive to back it up on my PC manually, I'd be stoked.

If Killer Instinct ever shows back up in any form on a console, that will totally tent my britches.

Edit: Apparently somebody else already decided they were tired of waiting for a 360 HD==>PC adapter for backups. I'm in when it comes out, totally.
http://www.360sata.com/

You would think they could just track if your account owns the game and let you download it again....

I find it quite amusing that we want to play 10-20 year old games on the latest cutting edge technology. its like "I got the latest console with Tri-core 2.4ghz processor, 512meg ram blazing fast Ati Xenon GFX, 512meg ram and 12x DVD-ROM.Sweeeeeeeeet. right. how do i play pong on this?"

My votes go to Virtua Racing, G-Loc R360, Alien Storm, Aliens, Golden Axe, Salamander 2, Raiden 2, Starblade, Outzone, Growl, Alpha Mission and Cadillacs and Dinosaurs from arcade.

Shining Force 1+2, Phantasy Star 4, Landstalker, from console.

Those would be great to see.

Mind you i still have my megadrive so not really a big deal about those.

Back