Citrix question, guru's help would be appreciated

jamesey2

Gawd
Here at work, we dont have an IT dept. I'm an accountant who also wheres the IT hat. We have a Citrix server, and now we just got another so we have a Citrix farm (or garden, cuz it's just 2 machines.)

When you install office to work with Citrix, you cant just load the CD and hit next. There are speical steps. I don't know these steps, but I do know they were followed when Office was installed on our first Citrix server.

1. Is there a way to mirror only the installation of Office on the first machine over to the second machine?

OR

2. does anyone know how to install Office on Citrix?

Not sure if it is the same for Citrix but when you install Office for a Windows Terminal Server installation you have to "add" the program through Control Panel ---> "Add and Remove Programs".

i think it is the same for TS and shitrix so you can look at the application installation section of the terminal server deployment guide i just posted the other day.

mmm, actually, never mind. are you sure these are configured as a farm? someone set up this new machine for you? do you have access to the citrix management console (i don't recall what it's called)? see if you can see which users are using what apps on each machine.

if you actually need to install it again on the new machine use the TS directions, but you may not need to. you should not have to publish applications on each machine- just once for the farm.

need more information. what version of office, waht version of server, what version of metaframe? in Server 2003 it automatically puts the server into install mode. you don't have to switch to/from exec mode.

Back