Citrix NFuse Apps sometimes don't launch

Gibson

Weaksauce
On one of our Metaframe XP FR3 servers occasionally published applications will stop launching. Users can log into nfuse but when they double click on the application it doesn't open. However in the management console it shows them as having the application open.

There isn't anything in the event logs and there doesn't seem to be any memory leaks. The only thing i've found to fix it temporarily is to reboot... the issue will then return in a few days.

On one of the workstations the event log did have these errors around the same time:

Event ID: 1000 Source: Application Error
Faulting aplication WFica.exe, version 7.0.17534.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x100011c5

Event ID: 1001 Source: Application Error
Fault bucket 214248299

In an effort to fix it I have installed SP4 for metaframe however it's still happening.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Pitch Citrix in the abyss where it belongs. We just dumped it for 4 major sights, 4 more on the way. For what it costs for liscensing, server farms, maintenance and down time...you can buy brand new workstations and have a REAL application server...

Nasty_Savage said:
Pitch Citrix in the abyss where it belongs. We just dumped it for 4 major sights, 4 more on the way. For what it costs for liscensing, server farms, maintenance and down time...you can buy brand new workstations and have a REAL application server...

Sounds like someone made some poor choices. When installed and configured properly and used for the right purpose its the best solution. saved money and overhead on workstation managment.

I agree, I love citrix when it works correctly. The reason we use it is because we have external clients who only use 1 piece of software that we provide. Plus it's much less of a bandwidth hog to run citrix published app as opposed to Sybase connectors :) Especially when you have 8 users/location and 20 locations.

To answer your question, it's various. Most have 9, some could have 7.1. It's really hard to say exactly.

Back